Saturday, September 15, 2012

Put The Good Times In Your Pocket, Let The Bad Ones Make You Strong


What a week… It’s not easy to pack up your life and move on or just move in general. I’m definitely one of those people who needs closure. I didn’t get that with my last relationship. The other night I had a dream in which my ex apologized to me. I woke up thinking it was real. Perhaps it symbolizes the closure that I may never recieve in reality and this is my cue to actually move forward. Who knows, but it’s weird to me how the mind works. I haven't been thinking about him much since I left, because my time has been devoted to dancing and getting to know my cast. I tend to block out events in my life where the outcomes are not ideal instead of taking the time to deal with them. Right now, I have no time and he is just another misfortune I have to lock away and revisit later…or never. I also manage to focus solely on the positive memories of the past instead of the negatives. At least with this one, I know I didn’t do anything wrong. I will never EVER apologize for doing what I love and following my dreams. It is going to take a strong man to accept that. At least I make the one I’m in a relationship with a priority and not an option. 
From Pinterest <3

In rehearsal news, we have learned 4 shows in 8 days! My brain is stuffed. This is without a doubt a wonderful experience. I am making friends, making money, getting in shape, and most importantly, being challenged. This will all help me in my pursuit of becoming a great cruise ship dancer, Rockette, NFL dancer and country music video girl in the near future. I am definitely living my dream. It is weird to think that this is work, but then I consider the struggle and rejection I have dealt with leading up to this moment and I couldn’t be happier to be doing this instead of something less exciting. Yesterday, we had a meeting with our production manager where we watched a video on our ship and discussed rules. Cruise ships are huge and it’s difficult to know which areas are off-limits based on the brochure we were given, but once we board, I know it will make more sense. I’m just beginning to enjoy Los Angeles now that we will be leaving soon. 3 weeks from today I will be performing my first show and sailing away! The only complaint I have at the moment is no air conditioning in our apartment and I'm pretty sure it's about 100 degrees. Anyone want to come over and do some Bikram?
Cookout
We had a cookout after work. One of the guys in my cast has BA grilling skills and I ended up with some yummy chicken kabobs. Later on, Sarah and I spent time going over our dances in the pool. That pool must be magical, because we remembered EVERYTHING! Unfortunately, we had to relearn quite a bit in rehearsal today since we learned some things yesterday that were not correct.
 
My overly enthusiastic about chicken kabobs face?

No comments:

Post a Comment