Thursday, September 6, 2012

La La Land

Saying goodbye to my family and puppy was the worst. I could not stop crying. I know that this is a wonderful, life-changing opportunity, but leaving never gets any easier. After 2 long flights, I finally made it to Los Angeles. I absolutely love my cast. Everyone is so talented and kind. We went out to a fun Mexican restaurant last night and bonded. So fortunate to be with people who have done cruises before and can show me the ropes. Two of them are from the UK! So cool. I feel like I've known them forever. The apartments are going to take some getting used to, but we won't be here long. I feel like I'm in college again (sleeping in the top bunk!)

Singer/Dancers
Today was our orientation. We went over rules and information about rehearsals and cruising. We were measured for costumes and given a tour of the studios where we will be rehearsing. Rehearsals begin tomorrow and run 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. I'm really looking forward to touring Hollywood and maybe seeing some friends on our days off.

Our cast!
 
 
I'm homesick, but I think that once I start dancing and have something to focus on, I will be fine! They already want to extend our contract by 6 weeks. That means I will miss the first Rockette audition in May, but will for sure make it to the August one!

No comments:

Post a Comment