Monday, October 1, 2012

I Heart Los Angeles

Until this past weekend, I was convinced that LA was not for me. However, my friend from high school, Lauren lives here now and showed me the good parts. We began our weekend at The Grove where we had amazing Brazilian BBQ.
 
 
It prepared me for what I’ll be eating for the next 8 months. There were so many cute shops, restaurants and even a trolley! It reminded me of the shopping center we have at home, so that was nice.
 

We ended up going out in Santa Monica after dinner and then back to her friend’s penthouse. Her friend found out I like country and started singing Kip Moore songs to me. Cute!
 
Out with Lauren!

 
We went to a restaurant called 26 Beach for brunch the next morning. The wait was an hour long, but they had cucumber water, coffee and cute parasols to use in the sun while we waited. They had all different kinds of french toast including peanut butter cup and S'mores.
 
 
I got the berry french toast.

 
Up next was shopping on Melrose. Everything was super cheap. I could have bought everything, but decided to wait and save my money and space in my suitcase for my South America finds.
 
 
Crazy shoes that I can only dream of pulling off.
 
 
I was so excited to return to Beverly Hills. Lauren and I went to Sprinkles and used the cupcake ATM! I got peanut butter and dark chocolate almond this time. I'm shocked by the amount of fast food and sweets in this city! Everyone is seriously so thin here. Hmm...
 

 
Why I will never be super skinny.

 
I will always be a fan of window shopping and people watching. Rodeo Drive is perfect for both. I won't be able to afford these shops without a rich husband. Working on it!
 
 
The highlight of my weekend was a Playboy Mansion visit. Unfortunately, we didn't get invited in this time, but we did see a hott blonde girl drive in! So cool. My mom and I have always watched The Girls Next Door and Kendra together. Think she was afraid I would move in!
 

 
The beautiful Venice sunset.

 
Venice has the cutest salad place called Lemonade. It has a huge selection of random salads and lemonade, of course! The salads were great, but my favorite was the white truffle mac & cheese. I also LOVED the cucumber mint lemonade I ordered.

 
I was sad that the weekend had to come to an end. It was great to catch up with an old friend who is also living her dream out here. My entire outlook on LA has changed. My heart is currently set on living in the South, but I'll have to visit LA again after the cruise is over to check out the dance scene. I'm sure there are way more opportunities here, especially for a dancer/model who can't sing. In NYC you HAVE to sing. Sigh... Anyway, my weekend was memorable. In rehearsal news, we ran two of our shows today for an audience. We were told we looked like little angels dancing today. That made me feel good. Two more days of rehearsals left and we leave on Friday! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment