Wednesday, October 10, 2012

O Canada


We had our first full-length show two nights ago. The second run was definitely better, but the audience loved it. We have been receiving somany compliments (mostly on our tiny outfits). Rehearsals are pretty tiring. Wehad one at midnight over the weekend and it lasted until about 3am. Time changes are hard to get used to and I have a feeling there will be many. Ourshows are at night and that is when the ship is traveling to its next destination so we can really feel it onstage and sometimes fall out of our bevels as aresult. It’s funny that the most difficult thing to do is to just stand thereas opposed to the dancing. After our performances, we all went to dinner at the midnight buffet and then out for some drinks before heading to bed to get upfor another rehearsal. The club has a great Bailey’s banana colada thing. Yum.I am so tired so honestly sleep is the most important thing for me to be doingwhen not dancing right now. We skipped breakfast yesterday morning to get extra sleep and tend to take naps before dinner. The other day I slipped walking upthe metal crew staircase and slammed my knee into the edge of a step. The nurses said it is just badly bruised since I am dancing and walking okay. It’s really sore though. Of course something like this would happen to me.  Anyway, right now we are sailing aroundCanada. I had no idea it would be so pretty. The last time I was in Canada Iwas really little and was bored after 5 minutes. Hoping to get off of the ship today. Ship life is so different. It islike its own little world. Everyone is friendly and I’m enjoying myself thusfar. Surprisingly, I don’t miss the internet as much as I thought I would. It’sgoing to be hard to keep in touch with everyone so please look for my blogposts to stay updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment