Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Doing Some Reading

I am currently reading a book called “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed through which she shares her many misfortunes that ultimately lead to her decision to distance herself and hike the Pacific Crest Trail. It takes great effort just for her to survive the journey, which allows her to realize just how strong she is and what she is capable of. I am also discovering more about myself through my own experience. I can relate to the author in that when there is a setback in my life it takes time alone (or time on another continent) to remember who I am and what is important to me. I have always known what I want in my career. Now it’s becoming increasingly clear what is essential to me in other areas of life, especially relationships. I am stronger than I thought and know what I deserve. Read the book if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment